• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foundation Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meldallas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I bought my condo on 11/15/07 and there were no indications of foundation issues. There were no disclosures indicating any issues and my inspection report said the foundation was fine and "no repairs necessary." Shortly after I moved in I was informed by the HOA that I would need to submit my first of three payments to help pay for the foundation repair. I also found out that the previous owner was aware of these issues as late as September 2007 at the last HOA meeting (he did not attend, but was given a copy of the minutes).
I would not have bought the condo if I had known there were foundation issues or would have asked the seller pay in advance for the repair. Do I have any ground to go back to the seller and ask for the payments to be made by him?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I bought my condo on 11/15/07 and there were no indications of foundation issues. There were no disclosures indicating any issues and my inspection report said the foundation was fine and "no repairs necessary." Shortly after I moved in I was informed by the HOA that I would need to submit my first of three payments to help pay for the foundation repair. I also found out that the previous owner was aware of these issues as late as September 2007 at the last HOA meeting (he did not attend, but was given a copy of the minutes).
I would not have bought the condo if I had known there were foundation issues or would have asked the seller pay in advance for the repair. Do I have any ground to go back to the seller and ask for the payments to be made by him?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: you have a seller disclosure issue. Where are the Realtors?

meldallas

Foundation Repair

Both realtors are located in Dallas and my realtor said he was not informed of any foundation issues.
I also looked up the disclosure and the seller stated that he was not aware of any foundation issues or repairs. The HOA decided on foundation repairs at the meeting on 9/6/07 and he completed and signed the sellers' disclosure on 9/29/07.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Both realtors are located in Dallas and my realtor said he was not informed of any foundation issues.
I also looked up the disclosure and the seller stated that he was not aware of any foundation issues or repairs. The HOA decided on foundation repairs at the meeting on 9/6/07 and he completed and signed the sellers' disclosure on 9/29/07.
**A: you have a claim against the Seller and possibly against the Realtors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">