• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friendly letter to property manager leads to lawsuit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedAdvice290

I own a condo, in Virginia, and live there full time. I emailed the property manager about 2 weeks ago, asking to arrange with the trash pickup service to reschedule their visits (their early morning visits 3-4 times/week create a serious noise disturbance to sleeping residents). The trash pickup service told me they do accommodate their customers on request, but they needed to discuss this directly with the association (property manager) and not me. After I forwarded this advice to the property manager, via email, I received a letter from the condo's lawyer that the association might sue me. The letter from the lawyer seemed intended to scare me, since it didn't actually say I was breaking any laws or doing anything wrong. But I’m not sure exactly what it is they want me to do or not do, since the language is surprisingly vague. My question is, does this constitute harrasment on the association's part? And doesn't the property manager have an obligation to assist me in this matter, rather than respond by threatening to sue me? In the past the prop manager has advised me, regarding this problem, to “move”. Is it "OK" for a lawyer to "bully" a property owner, under these circumstances?

Shel77

I think you need to post word for word your letter and then the responce in order for anyone to advise you on the situation.:)

pojo2

Shel77 said:
I think you need to post word for word your letter and then the responce in order for anyone to advise you on the situation.:)
'cause you just know there is a whole lot more to this story. :cool:

Shel77

You think:D I dont know anyone who has recieved a threatening letter about a lawsuit from a friendly letter. Especially since this threat is comming from a company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">