• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handicap Condo Purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mo_remy

What is the name of your state? VA

I contracted to purchase a condo 2 years ago that was to be built by June 2006. Now that the unit is completed I attended the walk through inspection and discovered that nothing in the unit is handicap accessible. I contracted for a handicap unit. Can I back out of the contract based on it not being what I contracted for and receive my full deposit back?

I did not go to settlement b/c it was not what I contracted for and now the builder is claiming that I'm in default and wants to keep my deposit of $22K.

pojo2

And that contract is very specific that it is to be a handicap accessible unit and spells out exactly what that means right? If not say bye bye to the 22K. If so then the builder must live up to the terms of the contract. That does not include what he SAID but what the contract states.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">