• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hoa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rgonz48

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I have lived in my community for ten years. Our HOA has had a regulation on the books during that time that no garbage containers can be visible from the street. Many of my neighbors and myself have through necessity kept our garbage containers on the side of our homes. We have always kept the areas clean and free of flies and rodents. The HOA has for the past ten years ignored enforcing this regulation as long as the area were kept up.

The HOA reciently hired a new management team and they are trying to enforce this regulation. I believe that any regulation that has been overlooked for this long can no longer be enforceable unless put up for a vote by the HOA members. Your opinion please.

justalayman

my opinion is; it is a rule and as such is enforceable. If it involved some building addition or fence that was allowed and would have to be razed to comply with the rule, you might have a valid argument. With this, it is simply a matter of moving the trashcans so there is no injury in enforcing the rule.

If everybody wants to change the rule, then get everybody together to change the rule.

NC Aggie

Doesn't matter that it hasn't been enforced in the last 10 years, never enforced or even selectively enforced...if it's a regulation perscribed in your covenant, then it can be enforced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">