• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

borreman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NV

Bought a house a year ago. The HOA in that community is very active to say the least. About every month since I have bought the house, I have received a "courtesy notice" for some condition or another. This can range from a little bit of weed grass growing in my front yard to a light bulb being out... Petty things I would say.

Every time I receive such letter, I have to respond to them by email.

I am a good homeowner, pay my HOA fees on time, am very quiet resident, and they just keep on bothering me with those threats of being fined. This is becoming really annoying.

Is there such a thing as HOA harassment?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NV

Bought a house a year ago. The HOA in that community is very active to say the least. About every month since I have bought the house, I have received a "courtesy notice" for some condition or another. This can range from a little bit of weed grass growing in my front yard to a light bulb being out... Petty things I would say.

Every time I receive such letter, I have to respond to them by email.

I am a good homeowner, pay my HOA fees on time, am very quiet resident, and they just keep on bothering me with those threats of being fined. This is becoming really annoying.

Is there such a thing as HOA harassment?
**A: yes there is but based on the facts, that is nothing of the sort. If the HOA notices are truly backed up by violations of the CC&R's, then what's the problem?

borreman

Well, depends on what we think is rational or not. We cannot have weed grass growing in the front yard, does that mean that every time 1 inch sticks out we need to get a letter?

I believe harassment starts when it becomes unreasonable. Not sure what the law says about that, but that's a definition that makes sense to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">