• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA Speical Assessment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gnagaram

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California
One months back I bought a Condo. At that time there was special assessment already approved and there was due on that unit. This info was not disclosed to me by the either Agent or Seller. (Selling Agent and Buying Agent both are same).

I paid $250.00 for HOA package document through my escrow. The HOA Package also said there was NO SPECIAL ASSESSMENT even though it was approved and due one that unit. Because of that Escrow people did not deduct that amount form the seller’s escrow account.

Now the HOA people are not willing to accept their mistake and they are asking me to pay the $5000.00 special assessment fee right now.

Someone please help me what should I do.

Thanks,
Gary

HomeGuru

gnagaram said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California
One months back I bought a Condo. At that time there was special assessment already approved and there was due on that unit. This info was not disclosed to me by the either Agent or Seller. (Selling Agent and Buying Agent both are same).

I paid $250.00 for HOA package document through my escrow. The HOA Package also said there was NO SPECIAL ASSESSMENT even though it was approved and due one that unit. Because of that Escrow people did not deduct that amount form the seller’s escrow account.

Now the HOA people are not willing to accept their mistake and they are asking me to pay the $5000.00 special assessment fee right now.

Someone please help me what should I do.

Thanks,
Gary
**A: this is a no brainer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">