• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA stubborn, innefective

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ob1mike

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Apologies if this already posted, forums were down, I'll summarize my post. I was recently voted to be President of HOA. Two of the three HOA members remain unfortunately. Now the other two HOA members are refusing to add me to bank account, utility accounts, etc. What can I do? And no, Homeguru, there is nothing in the condo docs regarding this.

Thanks.

HomeGuru

ob1mike said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Apologies if this already posted, forums were down, I'll summarize my post. I was recently voted to be President of HOA. Two of the three HOA members remain unfortunately. Now the other two HOA members are refusing to add me to bank account, utility accounts, etc. What can I do? And no, Homeguru, there is nothing in the condo docs regarding this.

Thanks.

**A: generally 2 signatures are needed for HOA accounts so there already are 2 signatures needed. What is your issue?

ob1mike

basically i want to be able to audit all of our accounts as there have been overpayments and other discrepancies. and i think the president and treasurer should be on the bank account, not the treasurer and secretary. an option would be to vote them off the board, but nobody wants the job.

HomeGuru

ob1mike said:
basically i want to be able to audit all of our accounts as there have been overpayments and other discrepancies. and i think the president and treasurer should be on the bank account, not the treasurer and secretary. an option would be to vote them off the board, but nobody wants the job.

**A: then have the HOA hire an independent HOA accounting firm to complete an audit of all the books. There are way more issues than this. See a HOA attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">