• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA's prior actions could be jeopardizing sale of my condo!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandrawg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My condo is currently in escrow. The buyers sent in an inspector a couple of days ago. The inspector got the buyers very concerned about mold, because he found moisture in my shower walls, which the written report suggests, potentially indicates a leak from the upstairs unit.

This makes me really angry and stressed out. HERE'S WHY.

Back in 2010, I had a serious leak..water saturated my bathroom floor and even spilled out onto my carpet. I got the carpet pulled up and professionally cleaned and dried. I filed an insurance claim, and they sent a company in to rip out my shower wall to find the leak.

The HOA blamed the leak on a crack in my neighbor's tub. My neighbor said, no this isn't my fault..she had her own plumber come down to my unit and look at the pipes. He said, there was an incorrectly installed pipe, which would actually require replacing all the pipes behind my shower wall.

The HOA plumber, meanwhile, denied all of this. He looked at it and said it was fine.

SO here I am, with my wall ripped out, unable to use my shower or tub...The HOA agreed to put my wall back the way it was, but refused to fix the pipes (even tho this is their responsibility).

My neighbor fixed her tub.

Meanwhile my homeowners insurance said they would subrogate wiith both the upstairs owner and the HOA but nothing was ever done. I never got my $1000 deductible back. I ended up firing that company and getting different insurance because of all this.

I've had 2 other leaks since then that were attributed to other problems.

Now this inspector is saying, there's still water leaking from upstairs.

I am SO upset and stressed out. I need this sale to go through and now it's being jeopardized, and I'm afraid it could be becaue my neighbor's plumber could've been RIGHT.

What is my legal recourse? I don't know what to do next.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">