• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long responsibile for repairs after selling unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Otterpop

What is the name of your state? Washington State

I know this question cannot get a general all-inclusive answer, nonetheless I will give it a try.

After selling my condo, how long would I be legally responsible for repairs for problems unknown by either me (the owner) or during the home inspection process? 1 year, three years etc?

I recently replaced my shower to fix a leak issue. If it were to leak in the future, would I be responsible? What if the leak occured after three years after the sale (Is there a general time at which point all repairs are the responsiblity of the new owner)?

Basically, I am trying to determine what are the limits of responsibility for owners after selling their unit.

HomeGuru

Otterpop said:
What is the name of your state? Washington State

I know this question cannot get a general all-inclusive answer, nonetheless I will give it a try.

After selling my condo, how long would I be legally responsible for repairs for problems unknown by either me (the owner) or during the home inspection process? 1 year, three years etc?

I recently replaced my shower to fix a leak issue. If it were to leak in the future, would I be responsible? What if the leak occured after three years after the sale (Is there a general time at which point all repairs are the responsiblity of the new owner)?

Basically, I am trying to determine what are the limits of responsibility for owners after selling their unit.
**A: sorry, our crystal ball is in the shop for repairs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">