• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am the noisy neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cathyadams

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

For the last two years I have been remodeling my condo completely! I do all the work myself when my schedule allows. there has been many many complaints from my neighbors from both the const. noise and barking dogs. I have been fined several times. and have paid them lot ! without fighting them. I recently rec'd a fine dated for feb 24 for noise occuring during the afternoon hours . after attending a hearing w/ the board of dir. they agreed that I should'nt be fined for those hours so they have decided to fine me for noise made before feb 24, which I never rec'd a complaint or fine on.

there response was that they can change any date and time on these fine's that they already sent me . The total fines are 750.00. can they legaly do this?
What are your suggestion for me.

Thank you

HomeGuru

Cathyadams said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona

For the last two years I have been remodeling my condo completely! I do all the work myself when my schedule allows. there has been many many complaints from my neighbors from both the const. noise and barking dogs. I have been fined several times. and have paid them lot ! without fighting them. I recently rec'd a fine dated for feb 24 for noise occuring during the afternoon hours . after attending a hearing w/ the board of dir. they agreed that I should'nt be fined for those hours so they have decided to fine me for noise made before feb 24, which I never rec'd a complaint or fine on.

there response was that they can change any date and time on these fine's that they already sent me . The total fines are 750.00. can they legaly do this?
What are your suggestion for me.

Thank you
**A: yes they can so reread your House Rules and other CC&R documents.

laidback

Hi Cathy

I'm curious if the one/s that complained contacted you personally.

I've had to put up with construction noises & a management that allowed it to continue.

I will probably have to get an attorneys advice & sue the offender &/or condo for a hotel stay, expenses & maybe even some emotional disress. At this point I'm so pissed that I'm going to try to get all I can. The $ means nothing to me, it's how I was allowed to be treated by a management who did very little & broke their own rules...

When you put someone in the position you have, they/we have a natural tendancy to fight or flee.

I put myself in the shoes of my noisey neighbor & know how doing the work is limited by the hours condo's allow it & most cant afford to pay a pro to do it which would also end up being much quicker.

Two years is out of hand. Personally, I would have done all I could to make the noise stop.

Our condo rules express that if a radio, tv or what have you, is too loud for someone else an employee would go & tell the offendr. Also they have fines clearly laid out for 1st, 2nd & 3rd offenses.

Most people, when presented with this type of problem, would feel much better if the offender shows they were trying to resolve whatever it was.

Take your dogs to obedience school, stop working on non business hours & tell the complainers you intend to do this. Otherwise you risk more fines & possibly lawsuits. It's as simple as that.

The respect you give is what you deserve

Cathyadams

Wanted to tell those who responded thank you. I have been telling my girlfriend for a while now (long while) it needed to stop and it would cost her dearly if it didnt.

Thanks Cathy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">