• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I live next to the Trash Site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VictorDillard

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I live in a townhouse community and I am on an end unit. There is a street that separates my property from the community trash compactor. Other people outside my community are bringing in furniture and leaving it at the site. Our association must pay someone to have the extra furniture hauled away.

Last year, the community met on several occassions to discuss the trash compactor. It was overflowing and not being kept clean. This was a terrible eyesore for the entire community. I got together with a few residents to force the association to bring the matter to a vote. I wanted the site removed and replaced with individual curb side service. The vote was taken by the community and the majority decided to keep the trash compactor as is.

A year later, the site is still a nuisance and the money paid to continually have furniture hauled from the site has drained our reserve funds and the association has no money to fence in the site or remove it.

I must look at the eyesore everytime I sit in my backyard. I must pick up trash and have even had to hose down the site due to the number of flies. I have seen roaches and rodents at the site and it's only a matter of time before they are in the townhomes.

Do I have any legal recourse in forcing the association to do something about the site? I fear that I will lose property value if the site stays as is.

Can I sue the builder for this poorly planned site in the middle of our community. It is a magnet for anyone that drives by to use the site as the county's dump.

HomeGuru

VictorDillard said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I live in a townhouse community and I am on an end unit. There is a street that separates my property from the community trash compactor. Other people outside my community are bringing in furniture and leaving it at the site. Our association must pay someone to have the extra furniture hauled away.

Last year, the community met on several occassions to discuss the trash compactor. It was overflowing and not being kept clean. This was a terrible eyesore for the entire community. I got together with a few residents to force the association to bring the matter to a vote. I wanted the site removed and replaced with individual curb side service. The vote was taken by the community and the majority decided to keep the trash compactor as is.

A year later, the site is still a nuisance and the money paid to continually have furniture hauled from the site has drained our reserve funds and the association has no money to fence in the site or remove it.

I must look at the eyesore everytime I sit in my backyard. I must pick up trash and have even had to hose down the site due to the number of flies. I have seen roaches and rodents at the site and it's only a matter of time before they are in the townhomes.

Do I have any legal recourse in forcing the association to do something about the site? I fear that I will lose property value if the site stays as is.

Can I sue the builder for this poorly planned site in the middle of our community. It is a magnet for anyone that drives by to use the site as the county's dump.

**A: yes you can sue and yes the court will dismiss it.

VictorDillard

Trash Compactor - Neighborhood Nuisance

Georgia

Can I sue the association for allowing the debris to pile up? and for allowing the illegal dumping to occur?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">