• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inactive home owners association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chiap

Washington state. The last new homes in this condo were sold in spring 2012. A new home owners association (HOA)took over with a new board and new officers. The front lawns are full of brown dead grass and weeds. Cars park on the lawns and in the visitor parking and in the street. All against the rules.
How can I get the HOA to enforce the rules. They don't want to be too strict.

festival

Have you tried writing a letter to the board expressing your concerns and requesting the board to distribute a notice asking residents to please park in the designated areas? Sometimes a board will not act until they get a complaint. There are other things you can do, but I would start with the basics.

HomeGuru

Washington state. The last new homes in this condo were sold in spring 2012. A new home owners association (HOA)took over with a new board and new officers. The front lawns are full of brown dead grass and weeds. Cars park on the lawns and in the visitor parking and in the street. All against the rules.
How can I get the HOA to enforce the rules. They don't want to be too strict.
**A: Send a certified rrr letter to the Board President and copy the management compnay, if there is one.
Also request copies of the last several years of Board meeting minutes. Lastly, consider running to be a Board member.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">