• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inconsistent treatment by Condo Concierge/building manager

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Belltown

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I'm moving out of a condo building into another condo. I set up the move out day for a Saturday move out (7/26) with one of the concierges. On 7/24, I get a phone call from the head concierge saying he looked at the schedule and noticed my move out day. He said the HOA just passed a rule that no more deliveries of move outs on weekends and I needed to change my move out date. I explained to him that I had movers and it was too late to cancel. Plus, I had to coordinate my move with the other place I'm moving. On top of that, I was going to be out of town after that Saturday and wouldn't be back until my current lease expired. He still wouldn't budge and said it was impossible for me to move and the building manager won't allow it. I pleaded my case and it was apparent he was not going to change his view.

For the next six hours I spent time coordinating someone to be at my new place while I'm gone, changing the movers and paying extra, and coordinating with my new place to rent the loading dock on another day.

Now today is Sunday. I see Someone is moving out. I called the concierge and ask why. (The head concierge is out on the weekends). He says the move was approved by the head concierge or building manager.

I'm livid. I had to change everything and pay more money, while also not being present for my own move. All while a similar move was approved. Is there any recourse I can take ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">