• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Deliquent causing damage and trying to break in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

giralready

What is the name of your state? OH

Our condos are owned except for 2 units. I have no problem with renters except when they don't watch their kids and they try to break into my home. This makes the 2nd tenant that this landlord has rented to that has caused the residents nightmares. Doesn't seem like the city want to be bothered because they are big about promoting how they help Section 8 people. Does not HUD have rules that these tenants have to abide by? I am so sick of the Prez who thinks he's Mr Great running the association and does nothing about any of the complaints, he seems afraid of the landlord. I still think the association has obligations to a) have a copy of the lease it's in the bylaws/minutes b)the right to protect the value of our property c)I think HUD is liable too when they keep ignoring complaints and use "you just don't like renters". I found out after the kid tried to break in, even his mom has theft charges, trespassing charges etc... The police were here one night because he dumped a Purebred puppy that his mom bought in a cage - in a creek - at night, luckily the other neighbor heard the dog.

I'm very concerned that when I leave he will try again, after all he tried it in broad daylight!
My fence was padlocked and he's like freaking spiderman, and my dog HATES him which just started happening this last month, so I am definately concerned, I think he's been pulling on my door alot longer than we thought. I've tried some HUD numbers to report the landlords lack of action and somehow they put me on hold or I get disconnected.

pojo2

And your question is?

No one around here can come help guard your home while you arre away. Put up one of the very inexpensive video cameras and catch him in the act and present it to the police.

Moving is an option I suppose since you are never going to change a this person.

S

shell007

giralready said:
What is the name of your state? OH

Our condos are owned except for 2 units. I have no problem with renters except when they don't watch their kids and they try to break into my home. This makes the 2nd tenant that this landlord has rented to that has caused the residents nightmares. Doesn't seem like the city want to be bothered because they are big about promoting how they help Section 8 people. Does not HUD have rules that these tenants have to abide by? I am so sick of the Prez who thinks he's Mr Great running the association and does nothing about any of the complaints, he seems afraid of the landlord. I still think the association has obligations to a) have a copy of the lease it's in the bylaws/minutes b)the right to protect the value of our property c)I think HUD is liable too when they keep ignoring complaints and use "you just don't like renters". I found out after the kid tried to break in, even his mom has theft charges, trespassing charges etc... The police were here one night because he dumped a Purebred puppy that his mom bought in a cage - in a creek - at night, luckily the other neighbor heard the dog.
I'm very concerned that when I leave he will try again, after all he tried it in broad daylight!
My fence was padlocked and he's like freaking spiderman, and my dog HATES him which just started happening this last month, so I am definately concerned, I think he's been pulling on my door alot longer than we thought. I've tried some HUD numbers to report the landlords lack of action and somehow they put me on hold or I get disconnected.
Have YOU tried calling the police to report these "attempted" break-in's?

I know that the police were there for the "puppy incident", but what about YOUR OWN complaints?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">