• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lack of Disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Saltglass

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

If I were purchasing a condo within an association, who had a tenant that was given a 99 year lease as a pay to play bribe from 1977, who pays no rent, and this issue was not disclosed by any real estate agent or the condo association prior to closing would that be fraud and or illegal? In addition, this same association and the tenant have been involved in litigation for the last 7 years and it has cost the association over 750,000 so far, and not disclosed by any realtor or the association. thanks

Say what you?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

If I were purchasing a condo within an association, who had a tenant that was given a 99 year lease as a pay to play bribe from 1977, who pays no rent, and this issue was not disclosed by any real estate agent or the condo association prior to closing would that be fraud and or illegal? In addition, this same association and the tenant have been involved in litigation for the last 7 years and it has cost the association over 750,000 so far, and not disclosed by any realtor or the association. thanks

Say what you?
That would be a major and material lack of proper disclosure. I would have a talk with a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">