• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My past Due Condo dues and Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aliandkeith

State: WA

Hi,
I currently am really behind on my dues. I recieved a letter dated Dec 12th, 2005 from the attorney threatning foreclosure if i dont pay. The association has agreed to let me pay the balance by Jan 31st . My question is this. Per the letter i owed a speciif amt. I had e-mailed the attorney just recently about it and he finally got back to me. Now he is including in the amt owing, January's dues as well. Yes i do still owe January. I was going to be a little bit late on mailing that to the assocation. Per our by laws, our home can only be foreclosed on if our association fees are over 90 days late. Can they require me to include Januarys pmt now, even though it is not technically over 90 days late? Can the lawyer refuse to accept my pmt, minus Januarys pmt? I planned on sending the lawyer all the attorney fees, release of lien and past due payments.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

aliandkeith said:

Hi,
I currently am really behind on my dues. I recieved a letter dated Dec 12th, 2005 from the attorney threatning foreclosure if i dont pay. The association has agreed to let me pay the balance by Jan 31st . My question is this. Per the letter i owed a speciif amt. I had e-mailed the attorney just recently about it and he finally got back to me. Now he is including in the amt owing, January's dues as well. Yes i do still owe January. I was going to be a little bit late on mailing that to the assocation. Per our by laws, our home can only be foreclosed on if our association fees are over 90 days late. Can they require me to include Januarys pmt now, even though it is not technically over 90 days late? Can the lawyer refuse to accept my pmt, minus Januarys pmt? I planned on sending the lawyer all the attorney fees, release of lien and past due payments.

Thank you!
Your post is confusing. What does "not technically over 90 days late" mean?

Bottom line, you answered your own question. If your dues are in arrears in excess of 90 days, the association can foreclose.

HomeGuru

aliandkeith said:

Hi,

Thank you!

**A: the answer is yes so pay up before Feb. is added too.

john123456 said:
Your post is confusing. What does "not technically over 90 days late" mean?
I think that what OP is saying is that she's not 90 days late on the Jan. dues but the attorney is including Jan dues in the total amount owed.

HomeGuru

AmarieNorton said:
I think that what OP is saying is that she's not 90 days late on the Jan. dues but the attorney is including Jan dues in the total amount owed.

**A: no biggie, the amount is still due and owing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">