• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on new condo badly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Howie

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Was suppose to close on my brand new condo tomorrow. Find out today that my lender can't finalize the loan because based on the appraiser the development isn't considered finished because the ammenties aren't in. And they don't have a bond from the builder guarenteeing they will finish the property. They are now want to try to force me to use their designated lender now. Im sure I'll end up with some crapy Interest rate and a bunch of other fees since I had such a good deal before and now the interest rates have gone up. And according to the condo sales people I'm indefault if I don't get this taken care of quickly. Is this true? Do I have any legal grounds to get out of this with all my money back and not lose my 21k desposit. This company has been very shady throughout the whole process, I was told it was going to be ready in November, its now Jan and only 1 building is ready. They were offering all sorts of incentives, I complained I didnt get any cause I bought early then to shut me up they bribed me to keep quiet. This whole deal is shady. I'd just like my money back at this point and look for a new place.

H.

HomeGuru

Howie said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

Was suppose to close on my brand new condo tomorrow. Find out today that my lender can't finalize the loan because based on the appraiser the development isn't considered finished because the ammenties aren't in. And they don't have a bond from the builder guarenteeing they will finish the property. They are now want to try to force me to use their designated lender now. Im sure I'll end up with some crapy Interest rate and a bunch of other fees since I had such a good deal before and now the interest rates have gone up. And according to the condo sales people I'm indefault if I don't get this taken care of quickly. Is this true? Do I have any legal grounds to get out of this with all my money back and not lose my 21k desposit. This company has been very shady throughout the whole process, I was told it was going to be ready in November, its now Jan and only 1 building is ready. They were offering all sorts of incentives, I complained I didnt get any cause I bought early then to shut me up they bribed me to keep quiet. This whole deal is shady. I'd just like my money back at this point and look for a new place.

H.

**A: we can't read your contract. Hire an attorney to do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">