• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors using LOUD profanity daily

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? PA

I live in a townhouse, an end unit. The end unit facing mine contains about 10 people of various ages who live there. There are a few teenagers. The teenagers hang out in the garage and play pool and use very, very loud swearing, usually the "f" word. It is really getting under my skin. There are tons of kids in this neighborhood that play outside and have to listen to this crap.

I asked them to stop it. They told me they could do what they wanted and say what they wanted, told me to go "f" myself**************so I called the police. The police essentially are saying they cannot do anything, but did ask them to take the swearing indoors as the police officer that responded lives in the same development as I do.

So, I looked up covenents of the development and it states.....loud taking or other noises on or about the premises, in such manner as to disturb the peace and quiet of the neighborhood, having due regard for the proximity of the places of residence, is prohibited.

I called the association president last night and left a message, I plan on getting involved and going to the next board meeting.

In the meantime, I want to put security cameras up outside of my house just in case there is any retaliation. Is this legal? Is it legal for me to record what they are doing over there? I have seen teenagers walking around with bottles of alcohol and others have seen them smoking pot. If I put up a security camera is it a violation of some right of theirs?

Any advice? I just want my car to not get demolished and I don't want drug use where my kids live.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? PA

I live in a townhouse, an end unit. The end unit facing mine contains about 10 people of various ages who live there. There are a few teenagers. The teenagers hang out in the garage and play pool and use very, very loud swearing, usually the "f" word. It is really getting under my skin. There are tons of kids in this neighborhood that play outside and have to listen to this crap.

I asked them to stop it. They told me they could do what they wanted and say what they wanted, told me to go "f" myself**************so I called the police. The police essentially are saying they cannot do anything, but did ask them to take the swearing indoors as the police officer that responded lives in the same development as I do.

So, I looked up covenents of the development and it states.....loud taking or other noises on or about the premises, in such manner as to disturb the peace and quiet of the neighborhood, having due regard for the proximity of the places of residence, is prohibited.

I called the association president last night and left a message, I plan on getting involved and going to the next board meeting.

In the meantime, I want to put security cameras up outside of my house just in case there is any retaliation. Is this legal? Is it legal for me to record what they are doing over there? I have seen teenagers walking around with bottles of alcohol and others have seen them smoking pot. If I put up a security camera is it a violation of some right of theirs?

Any advice? I just want my car to not get demolished and I don't want drug use where my kids live.
**A: send a certifed rrr letter to the HOA Board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">