• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Condo Association Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pyarb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

Is it possible for the board to add new rules although not specified in the association bylaws. My association just decided recently that they were going to charge unit owners for parking in undesignated areas. My bylaws state that I have assigned parking space and am entitled to one visitor space. However cars are being stored on property that they seem to do nothing about and it's currently hard to find an open second space/visitors space. My question is, does the association have the right to charge parking violation fees to unit owners when there is no available parking and one is forced to park curbside or in front of their buildingg even if that space is marked fire zone. I can't find anything in the bylaws that say they have thr right to handout tickets. Our driveway is unusually large and parking against the curb wouldn't stand in the way of firetrucks or emergency vehicles getting through.

Thanks in advance.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

Is it possible for the board to add new rules although not specified in the association bylaws. My association just decided recently that they were going to charge unit owners for parking in undesignated areas. My bylaws state that I have assigned parking space and am entitled to one visitor space. However cars are being stored on property that they seem to do nothing about and it's currently hard to find an open second space/visitors space. My question is, does the association have the right to charge parking violation fees to unit owners when there is no available parking and one is forced to park curbside or in front of their buildingg even if that space is marked fire zone. I can't find anything in the bylaws that say they have thr right to handout tickets. Our driveway is unusually large and parking against the curb wouldn't stand in the way of firetrucks or emergency vehicles getting through.

Thanks in advance.
**A: the answer to your first question is yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">