• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New condo construction delayed closing again - do I have recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randyb

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

We are trying to close on a make-over condo. They are running over 6 months behind. We payed $19K down as earnest and $13K for upgrades. The pre-sale paperwork that we signed allowed for us to get out of the deal for several reasons, interest rate goes beyone 5.75 (which it has), etc., so we feel that we could get out...but -

There was no documentation regarding our $13K upgrade $ (although it has not cleared yet). We were told originally that we would move in sometime in Feb. We moved from out of state and are paying for an apartment in the interim. It's going on 7 months...

One other couple got out of theirs and the condo promtly re-sold at a profit. We feel that if we bail out, we lose what equity we would have had, and that the company knew that they would not be finished until Q3 of this year. We can't prove that, but it seems readily apparent. As of the last few months, there have been scant few workers on the site.

Our thought is to suck it up and close, but then I'm curious if I have any recourse for liabilities in this matter. Any help is much appreciated.

HomeGuru

randyb said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

We are trying to close on a make-over condo. They are running over 6 months behind. We payed $19K down as earnest and $13K for upgrades. The pre-sale paperwork that we signed allowed for us to get out of the deal for several reasons, interest rate goes beyone 5.75 (which it has), etc., so we feel that we could get out...but -

There was no documentation regarding our $13K upgrade $ (although it has not cleared yet). We were told originally that we would move in sometime in Feb. We moved from out of state and are paying for an apartment in the interim. It's going on 7 months...

One other couple got out of theirs and the condo promtly re-sold at a profit. We feel that if we bail out, we lose what equity we would have had, and that the company knew that they would not be finished until Q3 of this year. We can't prove that, but it seems readily apparent. As of the last few months, there have been scant few workers on the site.

Our thought is to suck it up and close, but then I'm curious if I have any recourse for liabilities in this matter. Any help is much appreciated.

**A: have an attorney read your contract and tell you where you went wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">