• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New President Won't Do Anything About It

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? FL

At this evening's annual meeting, the new President told me to stop calling the roofing contractor. The roof was approved by the building dept. early January. The next rain, I still had water coming through the kitchen light fixture and called the roofer. That has been resolved, thus far. On Feb. 28, 2006, there were new water stains on the ceiling bedroom after the next rain which pools on the roof (flat-top). So, I called the roofer again and showed the foreman (subcontractor) the new water stains. President told me that the contractor said there was no more leaking. Pictures have been taken of the ceiling before and after these new water stains appeared.

President told me that if I call the roofer again, that I will be submitted the bill from the roofer because as far as they, Pres & roofer, the roof is now fixed. Pres also told me that until I take down my hurricane shutters, she will not do anything regarding any problems for my condo, including this one, that is the responsibility of the Association for damages caused by Hurricane Wilma. The shutters are on the front window only to protect my inhabitable property from vandalism. How do I get this roof to stop leaking and fixed correctly when the BOD refuses to do anything about it?

HomeGuru

BlondiePB said:
What is the name of your state? FL

At this evening's annual meeting, the new President told me to stop calling the roofing contractor. The roof was approved by the building dept. early January. The next rain, I still had water coming through the kitchen light fixture and called the roofer. That has been resolved, thus far. On Feb. 28, 2006, there were new water stains on the ceiling bedroom after the next rain which pools on the roof (flat-top). So, I called the roofer again and showed the foreman (subcontractor) the new water stains. President told me that the contractor said there was no more leaking. Pictures have been taken of the ceiling before and after these new water stains appeared.

President told me that if I call the roofer again, that I will be submitted the bill from the roofer because as far as they, Pres & roofer, the roof is now fixed. Pres also told me that until I take down my hurricane shutters, she will not do anything regarding any problems for my condo, including this one, that is the responsibility of the Association for damages caused by Hurricane Wilma. The shutters are on the front window only to protect my inhabitable property from vandalism. How do I get this roof to stop leaking and fixed correctly when the BOD refuses to do anything about it?
**A: time to get an attorney and demand your rights.

BlondiePB

HomeGuru said:
**A: time to get an attorney and demand your rights.
Yep, this is getting ridiculous. If you would please give me your input in one other thing, HG, I would be very grateful. All the units had air samplings taken for mold two weeks ago. The results were told to all who attended the meeting last evening. What I don't understand is how can sampling of air tell what is growing behind the drywall?

Some owners, ones that rent their units, have already put in new drywall and others just sprayed the walls and ceilings with bleach. From what I understand, bleach will stop mold from spreading but is not mold remediation. Won't what they've done mask the mold problem? The plans are to have mold remediation only for the apts where the air samples detected mold (10 apts in my building and all but a few in the other building).

What I found amusing at the meeting was that after I told everyone a bunch of stuff that I have seen going on with the roof and contractors, I was told to stay off the roof. They all don't know about my balcony view. :D

Thanks for your and everyone's help with this disaster. Looks like it will be time for popcorn and cracker jacks soon. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">