• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Electricity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

esemone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

The electricity went out in our unit as a result of corrosion to the wires in the foundation of the building. After much arguing with the Board that it was the Co-ops responsibility to fix it they finally realized they should. But it won't be fixed for at least a week. Shouldn't the Co-op put us in a hotel and pay for our food? We can't cook or run our business out of our home or use our computer with all our business files. Isn't a place unlivable without electicity?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

The electricity went out in our unit as a result of corrosion to the wires in the foundation of the building. After much arguing with the Board that it was the Co-ops responsibility to fix it they finally realized they should. But it won't be fixed for at least a week. Shouldn't the Co-op put us in a hotel and pay for our food? We can't cook or run our business out of our home or use our computer with all our business files. Isn't a place unlivable without electicity?
Does the HOA know that you are running a business out of your home? Do know know if your C C & Rs allow it?

Last edited:

esemone

I have a cleaning business and need my computer. It is not where I have customers that come to my home. That is all beside the point and doesn't answer my question about the Co-ops responsiblity. And yes I know many people survive without electricity but I am the only one in the complex. If it was a natural disaster I would gladly suffer along with my nieghbors. If anyone has an answer for me I would appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">