• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise in condo ceiling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christopherj68

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

When my upstairs neighbor washes her clothes and the hot water runs through the pipes, the pipes are expanding (so the plumber tells me and the condo association) they are making a loud cracking sound and waking me up at all hours, the condo association said that since it was part of the building construction and been that way since built that it is an (inherited problem) and they don't feel they should fix it, they also said that I should contact the original owner since he did not tell me about it. Who is right? Who is responsible for these water pipes? The plumber said that it is the pipes from my neighbor and not mine making the noise, but it is loud and will wake you up! :mad:

HomeGuru

christopherj68 said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

When my upstairs neighbor washes her clothes and the hot water runs through the pipes, the pipes are expanding (so the plumber tells me and the condo association) they are making a loud cracking sound and waking me up at all hours, the condo association said that since it was part of the building construction and been that way since built that it is an (inherited problem) and they don't feel they should fix it, they also said that I should contact the original owner since he did not tell me about it. Who is right? Who is responsible for these water pipes? The plumber said that it is the pipes from my neighbor and not mine making the noise, but it is loud and will wake you up! :mad:

**A: is the hot water supply piping plastic rather than copper? And are your sure it is not the ABS drain pipes that are noisy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">