• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owner Of 1 Unit Of 2 Unit Condo Files False Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patricks

What is the name of your state? massachusetts
I am the owner of a Condo in a 2 family house the other owner has hired an attorney and filed a claim against me saying that a very small water leak destroyed her bathroom. she had her insurance company give her $1000.00 and now wants me to give her $250.00 to cover her ins deductable. After 8 months of getting no response from her Atty I ended my agreement with my Attorney at a cost of $3000.00 in legal fees for her wasted time in this matter. When I received my file from my Attorney I found a Bill that my Attorney received from my neighbors Attorney. The Bill was for $1000.00 for work performed in my neighbors bathroom. It also said that the bill was paid in full. I contacted the company to inquire adout the work that they had performed. I was shocked to learn that they did no work and made up the bill as a favor to my neighbor, per her request. I hired my plumber to inspect my neighbors bathroom to check if I had fixed the small leak he observed a small stain on the ceiling 6 inch diameter from the previous leak that needed a little primer and paint to make it like new. My question is how do I get back my money for the fraud that I was hit with. It should be noted that I received a certified letter telling me that I had 7 days to pay the money or Court papers would be filed. This was extortion by fraud. It seems crazy to pay $3000.00 for a small claim but... now that I have the proof of fraud what should I do. Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">