• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking issue and new rules

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firefighter196

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I bought my place 10 yrs ago and 3 months ago the association changed the rules of the guest parking spot. There are 3 spots and they put a time limit of use of 24 hours. When I bought my place there was no such a rule just as long as it was being used by a legitimate guest. Can these new rules be applied to the older residents?

justalayman

check your bylaws. If the rules are allowed to be amended by some action within the bylaws, then yes, they can alter the rules. As long as they have not bypassed any required system in place and they have not effected your rights of ownership, there is no reason to believe they have done anything improper.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">