• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lakewood655

I live in Colorado.

We are having trouble with other people parking in our private spaces. Our HOA manual states that we can call a tow truck to have the unauthorized car towed. This has caused several problems and is impractical. The towing agency will not respond to individual tenants, only to the manager. They will not come out in the evening. The car may be gone by the time the truck gets here.

Is there another solution? Is there such a thing as a service we can contract that is allowed to ticket cars? What is the practicality of using guest passes?

What other solutions can we discuss at the next HOA meeting?

Thanks.

PghREA

Maybe you could ask the HOA to assign spaces and mark them as such and assign "guest"
spaces and mark them as well.

Put a note on the offenders windshield asking him not to park in your space anymore.

justalayman

Lakewood655 said:
I live in Colorado.

We are having trouble with other people parking in our private spaces. Our HOA manual states that we can call a tow truck to have the unauthorized car towed. This has caused several problems and is impractical. The towing agency will not respond to individual tenants, only to the manager. They will not come out in the evening. The car may be gone by the time the truck gets here.

Is there another solution? Is there such a thing as a service we can contract that is allowed to ticket cars? What is the practicality of using guest passes?

What other solutions can we discuss at the next HOA meeting?

Thanks.
You can ask what the HOA pres. is going to do about it. It would seem you need to have him direct the manager to do something to remedy the situation.

If you can ticket, I would doubt you would have much, if any, success in collecting any fines.

I would speak to other towing companies. You need to have the pres and the manger take care of this. They should be able to find a company that will tow when required and with a tenants request.(or make the manager available at all times for this) It is not something you will be able to set up without the pres and manager involved.

The other thing I would look into is a denver boot. (I think that is what they are called. That thing you put on a wheel to prevent escape) Actually check with a local attorney as to the legality of it though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">