• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Question -- Enforcement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cin-cin

What is the name of your state? Mass.

Two years ago, I had a new neighbor move in with, get this, FIVE cars. I live at the endo of a condo complex and to get out of my driveway I need to go straight back before I can turn out. Those new folks (and guests, and others) have been blocking me in for the last two years, as well as blocking the road which access my unit. I have been asking the board (and management) to help me as far as what I can do when I'm blocked in -- during this time the new guy joined the board. Great, I can't even leave my house if they have someone there, but now he's on the board! Fast forward to July of 2006: Last month we had a crew painting the condos when, over the course of two days, they a ten-foot pile of loom directly in front of my garage; later that day they left the crane there – the very next morning I had to move ladders out of the way before I could leave my garage. So I sent another e-mail saying, it's been over a year, there's not enough room for fire truck access, and I still can't do anything if I'm blocked in. Days later a letter appeared on my car window(written by the maintenance manager; management compnay concured with this action) saying I couldn't park there, and would have a sticker stuck to my window if I did. See, I parked parallel to my unit in FRONT of the garage, instead of insdie. BUT -- there are 30 other units who do this, who have the exact same garage set-up as us. None of these areas are deeded. The message was, "Well, if you complain, we'll just take away YOUR parking rights".

I have requested to speak at the next board meeting. Do you think there is anything I should point out? I am avoiding the term "selective enforcement". Does anyone have any views on this situation? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">