• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking question HOA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostjimmy

What is the name of your state? California. We recently purchased a home in a community with an HOA. I have been parking one of our vehicles in our drive way for the 4 months we have lived here. A few days ago someone placed a two page document on my vehicle. It was part of the HOA by laws. I stated that we were not permitted to park in our driveway between the hours of 12am-6am. We would have to park on the street or in the garage. Or we could be towed from our own driveway. We looked inside our own copy which was sent to us by the HOA and it did not contain those pages. I didn't want to cause any problems so I decided to park on the street until I could talk to the HOA president. The street is a dimly lit area and I didn't feel too comfortable leaving my vehicle there. Anyway, less than one week has gone by and my vehicle had the window busted out and the stereo and other items stolen. I have noticed other cars in there driveways at night and now that I have suffered $500-$1000 loss I was wondering what my options are? I do not intend to park on the street again.

HomeGuru

lostjimmy said:
What is the name of your state? California. We recently purchased a home in a community with an HOA. I have been parking one of our vehicles in our drive way for the 4 months we have lived here. A few days ago someone placed a two page document on my vehicle. It was part of the HOA by laws. I stated that we were not permitted to park in our driveway between the hours of 12am-6am. We would have to park on the street or in the garage. Or we could be towed from our own driveway. We looked inside our own copy which was sent to us by the HOA and it did not contain those pages. I didn't want to cause any problems so I decided to park on the street until I could talk to the HOA president. The street is a dimly lit area and I didn't feel too comfortable leaving my vehicle there. Anyway, less than one week has gone by and my vehicle had the window busted out and the stereo and other items stolen. I have noticed other cars in there driveways at night and now that I have suffered $500-$1000 loss I was wondering what my options are? I do not intend to park on the street again.

**A: why can't you park in your garage? Did you request a full recorded copy of the CC&R's from the HOA to look for those 2 pages? Why did your copy NOT contain the 2 pages?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">