• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking and towing in a mixed building

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AdrianII

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WA
I live in a mixed residential and commercial condo building. The commercial owners want to start towing vehicles parked in their reserved stalls which is fine by me. The thing that worries me is that they want the association to perform the actual towing. They claim that the association should act on behalf of all owners including them but it doesn't seem fair to hold everybody liable for the benefit of a small percentage of owners (there are 6 commercial units vs. 51 residential ones). Is there any way to force them to do it themselves?

Thanks,
A.

AdrianII

I guess my question should've been: Is the association required to perform the towing on their behalf?

A.

HomeGuru

AdrianII said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WA
I live in a mixed residential and commercial condo building. The commercial owners want to start towing vehicles parked in their reserved stalls which is fine by me. The thing that worries me is that they want the association to perform the actual towing. They claim that the association should act on behalf of all owners including them but it doesn't seem fair to hold everybody liable for the benefit of a small percentage of owners (there are 6 commercial units vs. 51 residential ones). Is there any way to force them to do it themselves?

Thanks,
A.

**A: the HOA just needs to contract the towing out to a towing company. Signs will be placed on the property with the towing companies contact info. Then the commercial condo owners just call the towing company directly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">