• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pet violation and my condo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenniedd

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hi,
I live in a condo that I own in Baltiore City and recently acquired a second dog. According to the condo house rules, residents can only keep one dog or two cats. I was recently given notice that I am in violation of the condo rules and need to get rid of one dog. However, the VP of the Condo board recently admitted to me in a conversation that she is aware of at least one other resident (a renter, not owner) with more than two pets in their unit. After hearing this, I sent a notice to the board advising them of other residents in violation of the rules and that the VP Board member is not only aware of others keeping of more than two pets, she has not reported this person to the board because they are friends. I have decided to sell my condo because of the types of rules (and tenants) in which the condo association upholds. In the meantime, I have taken one dog to a family member's home who lives on the same street, until I move. I advised the board of this but also told them that the second dog (who weights less than 9 pounds) will continue to be a frequent visitor until my pending departure. Yesterday, the VP of the board saw me walking both dogs and today, I received a letter stating that legal action would be taken for having two dogs in my possession and condo. What are my rights as an owner in this instance?

Thank you,

JennyWhat is the name of your state?

S

shell007

Jenniedd said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hi,
I live in a condo that I own in Baltiore City and recently acquired a second dog. According to the condo house rules, residents can only keep one dog or two cats. I was recently given notice that I am in violation of the condo rules and need to get rid of one dog. However, the VP of the Condo board recently admitted to me in a conversation that she is aware of at least one other resident (a renter, not owner) with more than two pets in their unit. After hearing this, I sent a notice to the board advising them of other residents in violation of the rules and that the VP Board member is not only aware of others keeping of more than two pets, she has not reported this person to the board because they are friends. I have decided to sell my condo because of the types of rules (and tenants) in which the condo association upholds. In the meantime, I have taken one dog to a family member's home who lives on the same street, until I move. I advised the board of this but also told them that the second dog (who weights less than 9 pounds) will continue to be a frequent visitor until my pending departure. Yesterday, the VP of the board saw me walking both dogs and today, I received a letter stating that legal action would be taken for having two dogs in my possession and condo. What are my rights as an owner in this instance?

Thank you,

JennyWhat is the name of your state?
Your rights are to:
A: Own ONE dog
B: Own two cats

Anything other than that IS considered "A VIOLATION OF THE RULES".

BTY: YOU failed to mention what the other "renter" has as "pets". Dogs?, Cats?, Fish?, Hampsters?

Last edited:

Jenniedd

response to your Reply

But what are my rights with a dog visiting my condo on a regualar basis until I move? The renter has three or four cats.

Shay-Pari'e

Your rights are, ONE dog, or TWO cats. It's not up to the HOH to determine if you are having visitation with your dog. Walk the second dog at your family members home.

Jenniedd

So I am not in violation...and you are no help!

why should I have to walk the dog in my family's neighborhood as opposed to my own?? Your response is quite rude and useless!

S

shell007

Jenniedd said:
why should I have to walk the dog in my family's neighborhood as opposed to my own?? Your response is quite rude and useless!
Look, Rude or NOT, It depends on how you interpret the responce.

In any event....YOU ARE ALLOWED:
#1 ONE DOG
#2 TWO CATS

Anything other than that is a violation of the rules. YOU know darn well that YOU are "NOT JUST WALKING THE DOG IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD".

YOUR LANDLORD KNOWS THIS AS WELL. HE/SHE IS NOT AS STUPID AS YOU WOULD WISH!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jenniedd

Well, they can have fun proving that I'm not just walking!

And you can go try to help someone else with your bad legal advice - NOT!

Shay-Pari'e

Jenniedd said:
But it is the truth . Clearly you have problems comprehending, since you bought a second dog knowing it was against the rules. Pretty idiotic!

Sorry, we are not here to tell you what you WANT to hear.

S

shell007

Jenniedd said:
And you can go try to help someone else with your bad legal advice - NOT!

Just as I suspected.... an OP who thinks the rules apply to everyone else EXCEPT THEMSELVES!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Additionally: It does not surprise me that "SOMEONE LIKE YOU" thinks that the legal advice here is "bad", because YOU CLEARLY FIT THE SUIT as someone who doesn't like what they hear.

YOU are the typical poster who breaks the rules and then looks for a way to get around them!

Jenniedd

It wasn't even my question to begin with. My questions was...

If you could comprehend (and clearly you have reading comprehension issues), I was asking what my rights are if others are also violating the pet rules but not being issued ultimatums, like I was. There seems to be favoritism going on with the VP Board member and the person who has 3 to 4 pets in her rental apt. within our condo. What are my right in relation to her getting away with this and me having to get be threatened legally? This just isn't right!!

Shay-Pari'e

Jenniedd said:
If you could comprehend (and clearly you have reading comprehension issues), I was asking what my rights are if others are also violating the pet rules but not being issued ultimatums, like I was. There seems to be favoritism going on with the VP Board member and the person who has 3 to 4 pets in her rental apt. within our condo. What are my right in relation to her getting away with this and me having to get be threatened legally? This just isn't right!!
Umm, I am rather done helping you for free. Pay a lawyer to tell you.

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)Yesterday, the VP of the board saw me walking both dogs and today, I received a letter stating that legal action would be taken for having two dogs in my possession and condo. What are my rights as an owner in this instance?(QUOTE)

My comprehension seems fine. Maybe you should re-read your question that I posted for you, and then pound sand somewhere.

Jenniedd

Gee...thanks guys!

You people are the reason I usually don't partake in message boards...way too much time on your hands to reply to others problems all day/night. Why don't you try to help yourselves instead and start by living your own life, not sitting in front of a computer trying to solve others problems, but it's probably the only way you know how to related to people! I thought this message board might help me get some good advice but clearly, it aint happening here! Later, much!

S

shell007

Jenniedd said:

I suggest YOU make nice with the LL and invite him/her over to dinner. Then maybe he/she will turn the other cheak since you are friends.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">