• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Manager - 6D Certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rhondamichels

What is the name of your state? MA

I am refinancing my condo. On Satruday morning, I received a voicemail that the owner below mine had a water stain on his ceiling. I called him back and said I will get a plumber in at the beginning of the week. It was not that serious. I never received a call from my property manager, however, he called my tenants on Monday morning, 30 minutes notice, that his plumber was coming in to look at my bathroom. I never received a call until later that afternoon when the plumber assessed it was a faulty valve in the shower. I never knew nor authorized them to come into my unit.

I indicated that I wanted to bring another plumber in at my expense to make an assessment. His plumber guesstimated it would cost $500 to get it fixed. The next morning, had the plumber come in and it was a 10 minute fix, the nipple on the spout was loose, had to be retaped and tightened.

Now, he is saying I owe the $70 for the plumber. Can he use this against me in getting my 6D certificate? It's not condo fees and I was not alerted his plumber would be coming into the unit.

Thanks.

ENASNI

rhondamichels said:

I am refinancing my condo. On Satruday morning, I received a voicemail that the owner below mine had a water stain on his ceiling. I called him back and said I will get a plumber in at the beginning of the week. It was not that serious. I never received a call from my property manager, however, he called my tenants on Monday morning, 30 minutes notice, that his plumber was coming in to look at my bathroom. I never received a call until later that afternoon when the plumber assessed it was a faulty valve in the shower. I never knew nor authorized them to come into my unit.

I indicated that I wanted to bring another plumber in at my expense to make an assessment. His plumber guesstimated it would cost $500 to get it fixed. The next morning, had the plumber come in and it was a 10 minute fix, the nipple on the spout was loose, had to be retaped and tightened.

Now, he is saying I owe the $70 for the plumber. Can he use this against me in getting my 6D certificate? It's not condo fees and I was not alerted his plumber would be coming into the unit.

Thanks.
No it is not condo fees, and you may not have been alerted to the plumber, however... Water problems are usually considered an emergency situation.

I Think I would be wiping my brow that it did not cost $500.00. I would pay the $70.00 for the plumber.

Then I would not have to sweat it out if one of the board members got snippy and did not want to sign your 6D and you did not get a majority. :(

What do ya think?

HomeGuru

rhondamichels said:

Thanks.

**A: pay the bill.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">