• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quit claim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harley76shovel

What is the name of your state? Florida, I have a timeshare condo which I purchased 14 years or so ago. In 1994 I was divorced and the courts awarded this timeshare to me. My ex was supposed to quit claim this over to me which she did not do. She did not show up for the divorce proceedings. Now I am planning to sell this condo. I have searched for the past three weeks for this woman and cannot find her. She lives in another county from me and the condo is in one more county over. I have not seen her in over 10years. How can I get this out of her name? I have called the clerk of court where the condo is deeded and they will not give me any help. They did say the divorce papers was enough then they changed their minds. Any help would be appreciated. thanks :confused:

seniorjudge

harley76shovel said:
What is the name of your state? Florida, I have a timeshare condo which I purchased 14 years or so ago. In 1994 I was divorced and the courts awarded this timeshare to me. My ex was supposed to quit claim this over to me which she did not do. She did not show up for the divorce proceedings. Now I am planning to sell this condo. I have searched for the past three weeks for this woman and cannot find her. She lives in another county from me and the condo is in one more county over. I have not seen her in over 10years. How can I get this out of her name? I have called the clerk of court where the condo is deeded and they will not give me any help. They did say the divorce papers was enough then they changed their minds. Any help would be appreciated. thanks :confused:
Contact a title company to run a title report on this property; tell them specifically about this problem.

They will tell you what is necessary to clear up the title so you can sell it.

HomeGuru

harley76shovel said:

**A: divorce papers are never enough to transfer interest in real estate.

harley76shovel

thanks for the advice from both replies, yesterday I received a surprise phone call from my ex's mother, she is getting her to sign the quit claim deed that I completed and sent to her. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

HomeGuru

harley76shovel said:
thanks for the advice from both replies, yesterday I received a surprise phone call from my ex's mother, she is getting her to sign the quit claim deed that I completed and sent to her. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

**A: let us know when this deed is recorded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">