• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racist owner and threatening boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shay-Pari'e

Is there anyone that can do the end of year contest? This guy is a sure winner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

#1 10-14-2005, 07:17 PM
JT Barker
Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2005

Please Help me. Wrongfully accused. I am very upset.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? NY State

Hello, I need some legal advice.
I got into an altercation with some lady in the laundry room. I was waiting in the laundry room for a machine to open up. Suddenly, this cleaning lady came in. She saw me, but she started to take out the clothes from one machine and proceeded to put her laundry into it instead. Another cleaning lady who happened to be her colleague was already there and they were tag teaming/hogging the machine for each other. I commented that I had been waiting and asked her what she was doing. She said "No! this is mine!" She acted rude and so I was rude back to her. We argued for a while and I demanded that she and I go see the supervisor. She refused to go with me and just scoffed and laughed. And then we argued more.
I am an owner in the building and I took offense at her rude actions.
We argued more.

At this point she walked upstairs to complain to the doorman. So I went up with her. At this point the Supervisor also came by.
So I complained. The super defused the situation and I went back down to do my laundry. The cleaning lady came in later. We did not speak to each other as we both did our laundry.
She left and later I noticed that she was hanging out with the doorman. I had to go up to my apartment for more laundry and saw her hanging out with him. I went back down to the laundry room with more laundry loads.
Later she came back down, but she saw me and left. This whole time her cleaning lady friend/colleague was in the laundry room.

Much later I got my laundry and went up to my apartment.
As I was walking to my door, I saw two police officers at my door. They told me that the cleaning lady had called them and had told them that I had"touched her." I never did such a thing. The officers told me that she had filed harrasment charges against me and they asked me for my name and DOB. I gave it to them.

Yes, I regret my arguments, but I never touched this cleaning lady today.
However, she somehow managed to make some welt marks? on her wrist. I never saw them, but that is what I was told. She told the police that I had grabbed her wrist and that I had also pushed her. I am sure that her friend was an accomplice in making this welt appear on her wrists and lying about me having caused them. I never pushed her. I never grabbed her wrists. I never touched her.
When her boss came around, I asked the boss to please check my hands and the welts/markes on the cleaning lady's wrist. The cleaning lady's boss did not agree to my offer.

I am really upset. What can I do? I have been accused of doing something I certainly did not do. What can I do?

1)What can I do about this lie about me making that mark on the woman's wrist?
2)How can I bar that cleaning lady from entering my bulidng? I ask this because, according to the police officers, if there is more trouble bewteen this cleaning lady and I, then I will be arrested. If this cleaning lady is capable of making up such a lie and having the courage to call the police, then I am sure she is also capable of lying in the future, which of course may get me arrested.
I am an owner and so I live in the building. The cleaning lady does not live there. But her boss won;t stop her from coming to the building.

I am really humiliated and upset. I am also indignant that this women lied. She acted so rude and towards me and disrespected me from the start when I didn't do a thing to her. And then she had the gumption to call the police on me and falsely accuse me for something I never did. I regret the argument today, but it's totally wrong to be accused for something I never did. Although I regret arguing with her, I am so upset that she lied and humiliated me in front of people by the very fact of the police presence. I can't even look myself in the mirror right now, because although I didn't touch her, I still feel the police coming over was a big stigma.

Please, I need your advice.

Heads up guy's, read his prior postings.

Last edited:

PghREA

JT Barker said:
What is the name of your state?NY

Hello I need your help. I have 2 questions which are connected to each other. As the first scenario was with a racist woman who is an owner in my condo and the second scenario is with her boyfriend who hours later, threatened me in my own building, as I was talking to the doorman in the lobby.

Scenario 1.

I was waiting for the elevator to go up to my apartment this afternoon. I pressed the elevator button and I was stood right in front of it. Very close to the button. As I was waiting, this woman who is an owner, was talking on her cell phone and didnt realize that the button was already pressed. So she pressed it. But the thing is, as I was standing right next to the button her arm came right next to my side. And as I saw her hand creep right next to me, I thought for a second that someone was reaching for my jacket pocket or my bag.
I was shocked and I said "Do you mind?"
She gave me an attitude and said something I cannot remember now. But it was rude.
Anyway, we both got on the elevator and I was facing the elavator doors. She was to my left and I noticed that she kept on looking at me with a contemptuous look. So I asked her what she was looking at? She replied "F U, you you Asian freak!"
So I called her something as well and we had an altercation. She also demanded what apt I was in. As if she was entitled and I had no right to argue back, even if she was able to insult me.
We both decided to go back down to the lobby and talk to the superintendant.

As we were waiting for him, I had my back to her, as I was looking at the doorman. She kept harrassing me and insulting me by saying "Why dont you Fooking say something in Asian eh?" This was right in front of a witness. The doorman. So I retorted, why don't you say something in ....(her country of origin. She is not from America)?" But I said this, because she was being racist to me. I have nothing against people from her country of origin. In fact, 2 of my ex girlfriend are from her country. She isn't Asian by the way, but from somewhere in the middle East.

I went to the elevator and again had my back to her, as I was facing the elevator and waiting for the super to come down. As I had my back to her, she came up and said "You probably don't even have a life." This was not fair. I had stopped talking to her and had my back to her...
When the super came down, he calmed things down.
I dont know how you feel about racist insults, but it is very humiliating and I cannot believe that she was so racist to me. It didnt have to go that far. Although we argued, she didnt have to go there...
So, my question is, what rights do I have and what recourse to justice do I have? She was racist to me right in front of 2 witnesses and although I was racist back, it was because she started it.
She was very arrogant, as if she was entitled and she even demanded how old I was and what room I lived in. As if she could be racist and insulting, but I had no right to talk back! Unbelieavable. She kept on calling me a "freak" and a "weirdo" An exgirlfriend of mine committed suicide a few years ago and I lost my job as well. I have become reclusive and I am not myself these past few years. It is hard...

My apartment is not under my name. It is under my mother's name. Can I do something about this woman who is an owner?

Second scenario.
About 9 hours later, I was talking to another doorman at the lobby. I had my back towards the elvator and I was leaning against the doorman's desk. As I was talking, the same woman came out of the elevator with her boyfriend. I didnt see this, but as they passed by me they turned around and looked at me. I saw them and I heard her saying something to her boyfriend. They turned and looked at me. As they did so, the boyfriend said in Engilsh "Is this the crazy guy?"
I didnt move and kept on leaning against the doorman's desk. The boyfriend walked right up to me and got in my face and threatened me. He said "If you ever talk to my girlfriend, we will see then!"
I didnt move at all and I asked him "Do you want to start something?"
He said "No, but if you ever talk to my girlfriend we will see." He was right in front of me and had a menacing look.
Then the girlfriend pulled him away. They went to the front door and he left. But, She came back in and walked towards the elevator. But I noticed that her boyfriend kept on staring at me through the glass front doors and was pacing back and forth outside of the building. He kept on looking at me. I didnt move. I just said "Ugly on the inside, ugly on the outside."
As I said this I didnt look at his girlfriend. I just said it aloud, but it was for her to hear.
I asked the doorman to call the super, but when he did, the super said he was sleeping and refused to come down to take care of this matter. The super simply told the doorman to tell me to call the police! I didnt.
I wanted to ask you guys what I could do first.
So, guys, what can I do? Can I have him barred from the building? I live in the condo, but the apartment is under my mother's name. Do I have any rights?

1)Do I have any rights and recourse to justice against this woman who was racist to me right in front of 2 witnesses?
2)Do I have any rights and recourse to justice against the threatening behavior of her boyfriend?

I feel very humiliated. There was no reason for her to be racist to me and no reason for him to threaten me.
Please, I need your help.
I would really appreciate it. I want to talk to the people who are in charge of building maintenance, but I need to know my rights first. And I would appreciate any recommendations. I know that I should stay clear of this woman, but after all the humiliation I suffered from her, I feel so upset and want justice... Sometimes, I think that there is no such thing as justice in this world. You may not know how ugly you feel when someone is racist to you and belittles your present emotional life condition, but it makes one feel very ugly and small.

Put on you big girl panties and deal with it!

You Are Guilty

Dude, you carry a handbag. No wonder they think you're "weird". Perhaps if you carried a set of testicles instead, you wouldn't have so many issues.

HomeGuru

You Are Guilty said:
Dude, you carry a handbag. No wonder they think you're "weird". Perhaps if you carried a set of testicles instead, you wouldn't have so many issues.

**A: you may think me nuts but maybe, just maybe, the dude's balls WERE in his handbag.

LindaP777

The way I read it, the insults and racial slurs were being hurled by both parties. I don't care who said the first one. If you do not use these type of insults, it would not have been the first thing out of you mouth when you were insulted. Grow up. Learn to ignore rude people - they're everywhere. Try a smile instead of an insult.

As our mothers would say "stick & stones . . ."

HomeGuru

LindaP777 said:
The way I read it, the insults and racial slurs were being hurled by both parties. I don't care who said the first one. If you do not use these type of insults, it would not have been the first thing out of you mouth when you were insulted. Grow up. Learn to ignore rude people - they're everywhere. Try a smile instead of an insult.

As our mothers would say "stick & stones . . ."

**A: it's sticks and stones Linda.

signed,
Mick Jagger

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">