• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Responsibility for item removal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heinzr99

On the deck of our condo in California is a large, heavy sculpture that has been there for about 30 years (we bought the place recently). To repair a leak at the condo below our unit, the deck needs to be opened.
Whose responsiblity is it to remove the sculpture? (HOA, because they need it to be removed, or ours, since it is our sculpture)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
heinzr99 said:
On the deck of our condo in California is a large, heavy sculpture that has been there for about 30 years (we bought the place recently). To repair a leak at the condo below our unit, the deck needs to be opened.
Whose responsiblity is it to remove the sculpture? (HOA, because they need it to be removed, or ours, since it is our sculpture)
Yours unless the CCRs say something different.

HomeGuru

heinzr99 said:

**A: is the deck considered a limilted common element? Most likely it is, in which case I agree with Ohiogal.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
heinzr99 said:
Thanks for the response, and pardon by ignorance, but what does 'CCRs' stand for?
Creedence Clearwater Revival... down on the corner... out in the street Willie and the Po'boy are playing.. bring a nickle tap your feet.:p

:D Actually they are Conditions, :D Covenants and Restrictions

ENASNI

Ohiogal said:
Creedence Clearwater Revival... down on the corner... out in the street Willie and the Po'boy are playing.. bring a nickle tap your feet.:p

:D Actually they are Conditions, :D Covenants and Restrictions

Oh sheesh! Now for some unknown reason I have "Before You Accuse Me" running through my head.

Thanks a lot. :mad:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ENASNI said:
Oh sheesh! Now for some unknown reason I have "Before You Accuse Me" running through my head.

Thanks a lot. :mad:
:eek: Sorry dear. No harm meant, intended or wanted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">