• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rewriting "Covenants" to be current

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

regerka

What is the name of your state? Florida. I am the recent elected President of our HOA in Clay County, Fl. I am a very proactive & investigative member of a growingly passive & neglective association. In my 5 months in the Board there has been a great momentum to inform & motivate our community & it is appreciated by the majority. Our 12 year old "Covenants & Restrictions" that were recorded with the county when the developer was still involved, is sadly outdated on lot use and general rules that are now found to be obsolete. I have gone through all I can find in our state's statutes on HOA & with the county clerks office and I can't find a direct solution to my question. That being, is the association board able to either ammend & restructure our current "covenants & restrictions" (which are seperate documents from our bylaws/declaration) with current rules & make them easier to reference (articles & items which is not the current format) & have it approved & recorded with the county or state, OR are we able to construct a "code of regulations", if you will, to be agreed on by the Board & assoc. members with reference to the bylaws as our governing rules to be passed out to our 40 households that DOES NOT need to go through the county or state? If the first is true, is legal aid neccesary for it's restructuring? Thanks for your time. Patiently idleWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">