• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

S.n.i.t.c.h.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CindyLouWho2

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I recently made a written request for copies of certain documents being held by the property management company on behalf of the Association. I said I expected to pay actual out of pocket cost to reproduce where appropriate. The managing agent,acting on behalf of the Board, yet without their knowledge, has denied me access to 2 of my requests. 1) the most recent Reserve Study 2) managing agent monthly reports to the board. Also, one of the items I requested was the actual expenditures including reserve for the last 4 years. For that one item, they apparently copied 340 pages of General ledger @ 50 cents a copy for a total of $170.00. Then with great glee, sent me the bill for that plus administrative costs. (another $80) I responded that I refused to pay for that item since it was the report that they had failed to send to ANY of the 192 Unit Owners for the past 5 years, and due to their negligence the request was retroactive for 4 years worth of reports.
Can anyone comment on these items? I have read the ILCPA and try to follow the Act in detail.
S.N.I.T.C.H. = Sisters, New In The Condo Hood.
We are fearful as to where our Association is headed.

HomeGuru

CindyLouWho2 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
I recently made a written request for copies of certain documents being held by the property management company on behalf of the Association. I said I expected to pay actual out of pocket cost to reproduce where appropriate. The managing agent,acting on behalf of the Board, yet without their knowledge, has denied me access to 2 of my requests. 1) the most recent Reserve Study 2) managing agent monthly reports to the board. Also, one of the items I requested was the actual expenditures including reserve for the last 4 years. For that one item, they apparently copied 340 pages of General ledger @ 50 cents a copy for a total of $170.00. Then with great glee, sent me the bill for that plus administrative costs. (another $80) I responded that I refused to pay for that item since it was the report that they had failed to send to ANY of the 192 Unit Owners for the past 5 years, and due to their negligence the request was retroactive for 4 years worth of reports.
Can anyone comment on these items? I have read the ILCPA and try to follow the Act in detail.
S.N.I.T.C.H. = Sisters, New In The Condo Hood.
We are fearful as to where our Association is headed.

**A: sue the management company.

CindyLouWho2

Thanks Guru, but an ordinary citizen looks for a solution somewhere before the headache and expense of a lawsuit. Is that the only way to put any teeth into the situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">