• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sewage Leak in common wall/HOA refusing to send plumber

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clayshoes

What is the name of your state? Nevada
I discovered a leak around 8pm at night. The next morning I called the HOA, they did not phone back until late afternoon, and they stated that they could call a plumber but the responisble party would be billed. The HOA wanted the house number to the people above me. I stated that I did not know it off hand and would have to call back. When I phoned back I was put through to voicemail, and left the house number and asked for a return call. (I had class that night, but my brother was at home to let the plumber in.) When I arrived home no plumber had come and no phone call to me from the HOA.) When I phoned the HOA the following morning the person I was dealing with stated that I never called back. I stated I had and I was put through to her voice mail, and left the information there. She then stated that she had not checked her voicemail from yesterday. She stated that she would call a plumber and call me back.The plumber discovered that the leak was coming from upstairs. When we went to inform the residents that they had a leak and that they would need to get it fix, they shut the door on me.
I called the HOA the next morning, and stated that this was a health and safety issue scince it was sewage that is coming into my home, and explained the events from the night before with the upstairs residents. The HOA stated that they did not have the residents phone number but a HOA memeber, and a board memeber, and a plumber were going over to the residents to stop the leak.
LONG story short the HOA got in touch with the residents they stated to the HOA they were having the problem fixed (Friday). The HOA phoned me and stated they they were still going to send a plumber to make sure the work was done and the leak was fixed. NO Plumber or anyone else showed. and I still had a leak. I phoned HOA, and they stated that they would call a plumber, and send one. He never showed, and the next day (Sat) I phoned HOA and wanted to know why no plumber had showed and the answering service refused to put me through with someone from the HOA, and told me to contact the upstairs residents. I tryed to explain that this is a common wall the and the HOA must have some responiblity to make sure it was fixed, and I stated the I still had sewage coming into my home and that this is a health and safety issue.
PLEASE HELP. . . .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">