• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Standing Water

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? OH

We purchased a new condo just over 1 year ago. Our backyards were never properly leveled and standing water was a problem for many of the neighbors. The downspouts weren't connected to anything and so many individual's sumps were always running (not ours)

So they (this fall) connected all the downspots into underground piping to take the water away. This has caused our backyard to be flooded continuously since then (It's fenced in and we paid for sod) it's a mess. When it freezes it's one 11x18 ice skating rink or pond. We've had mild weather so it's terrible.

The condo president said they'd have it looked at in the spring. IS there anything that can be done in the winter (We have the fence for a reason- dogs) Do you have any suggestions like building inspectors etc? Would they help because it's standing water?

seniorjudge

We purchased a new condo just over 1 year ago. Our backyards were never properly leveled and standing water was a problem for many of the neighbors. The downspouts weren't connected to anything and so many individual's sumps were always running (not ours)

Who never properly leveled the ground? Did you know about the water problem when you bought the place?

So they (this fall) connected all the downspots into underground piping to take the water away. This has caused our backyard to be flooded continuously since then (It's fenced in and we paid for sod) it's a mess. When it freezes it's one 11x18 ice skating rink or pond. We've had mild weather so it's terrible.

Who is "they"?

The condo president said they'd have it looked at in the spring. IS there anything that can be done in the winter (We have the fence for a reason- dogs) Do you have any suggestions like building inspectors etc? Would they help because it's standing water?

If you think any of this violates the building code, contact the building inspectors and file a complaint.

oops sorry

(Ohio)

The county. There was some sort of to do between the association and the original builder for improperly finishing the work... It ended up the builder had to pay and some sort of county crew came out and did it...Maybe it was just the suggested contractor or something.. But I know it was the builder.

I wasnt' sure if something like that would justify a code violation. I went to our county's page and found nothing about standing water.

I don't believe it's our association at all.. I think it all stems from the builder. Our assocation is new and isn't very educated on their role... It's been one thing after another with the original builder.

It's a little muddy and a lot smelly for a swimming pool... I'm thinking high priced mud bath....

HomeGuru

Johnlaurajake said:
(Ohio)

The county. There was some sort of to do between the association and the original builder for improperly finishing the work... It ended up the builder had to pay and some sort of county crew came out and did it...Maybe it was just the suggested contractor or something.. But I know it was the builder.

I wasnt' sure if something like that would justify a code violation. I went to our county's page and found nothing about standing water.

I don't believe it's our association at all.. I think it all stems from the builder. Our assocation is new and isn't very educated on their role... It's been one thing after another with the original builder.

It's a little muddy and a lot smelly for a swimming pool... I'm thinking high priced mud bath....

**A: a mud bath was the free option!
Contact a construction litigation attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">