• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Townhouse Assoc. Preventing Radon Mitigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Madowner

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I was in the process of selling my townhouse. The buyers backed out after an extremely high Radon test. (Over twice the EPA recommended level for mitigating)I did my due diligence and within a day or two found an EPA recommended Mitigation Company to install a system in my unit that guarantees to reduce the levels below 4pCi/L. I was fully prepared to pay for the cost of the unit.My townhouse association will not allow me to install this fan/system outside of my unit. The company says it is VERY expensive and nearly impossible to now install an inside system. What is my legal position?

HomeGuru

Madowner said:
What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I was in the process of selling my townhouse. The buyers backed out after an extremely high Radon test. (Over twice the EPA recommended level for mitigating)I did my due diligence and within a day or two found an EPA recommended Mitigation Company to install a system in my unit that guarantees to reduce the levels below 4pCi/L. I was fully prepared to pay for the cost of the unit.My townhouse association will not allow me to install this fan/system outside of my unit. The company says it is VERY expensive and nearly impossible to now install an inside system. What is my legal position?

**A: post the letter word for word that you got from the HOA.

Madowner

They informed me verbally. They were nonreponsive to my phone calls and it has been over a week since I first contacted them with all of my information. I sent them forms from the mitigation company describing exactly which sytem would be installed, pictures, their liability insurance etc. I had all of my ducks in a row! I gave them three business days to respond and I finally got them live after some frustration today. My first contact was one week ago.

HomeGuru

Madowner said:
They informed me verbally. They were nonreponsive to my phone calls and it has been over a week since I first contacted them with all of my information. I sent them forms from the mitigation company describing exactly which sytem would be installed, pictures, their liability insurance etc. I had all of my ducks in a row! I gave them three business days to respond and I finally got them live after some frustration today. My first contact was one week ago.

**A: hire an attorney and sue them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">