• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

undue hardship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cohencpa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? il
The condo association is amending its bylaws which will include a sunset date for those units currently being leased. The bylaws as they stand have nothing to deal with the number of allowable rentals. the by laws allow for one year lease.
The bylaw amendment addresses the issue of rentals by stating that you need to have owned and occupied your unit for 2 years before you can rent for one year. However, your petition to lease for one year needs to come before the board who can grant permission to do so if the owner is suffering from undue hardship or practical difficulties.
I believe the amendment to be voted on needs to define undue hardship and practical difficulties. I understand that hardships are financial and health. But I believe each one can be defined so as not to have each board decide what an undue hardship is.
What are your suggestionsWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? il
The condo association is amending its bylaws which will include a sunset date for those units currently being leased. The bylaws as they stand have nothing to deal with the number of allowable rentals. the by laws allow for one year lease.
The bylaw amendment addresses the issue of rentals by stating that you need to have owned and occupied your unit for 2 years before you can rent for one year. However, your petition to lease for one year needs to come before the board who can grant permission to do so if the owner is suffering from undue hardship or practical difficulties.
I believe the amendment to be voted on needs to define undue hardship and practical difficulties. I understand that hardships are financial and health. But I believe each one can be defined so as not to have each board decide what an undue hardship is.
What are your suggestionsWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: I agree with you so request an opinion for the HOA legal counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">