• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the difference between a condex and a condo?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Charmed75

New Hampshire - My husband and I right now are living with his mother and sister. We have been looking for a place of our own since we "tied the knot" back in 2006. My husband made a phone call to a person who owns a condex and it sounds really good for the price, however, with a condex...I have been hearing that a condex is like a timeshare. Can someone please help us out and let us know what the difference is!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HuAi

A condex is just a condo with 2 units (a duplex that has been converted to a condo). The danger is that there are very few units which bear the responsibility for repairs / bills, etc. With no condo board to enforce compliance you may be stuck with a hefty bill if the other owner refuses to pay for something. Of course its recoverable through court, but who wants to go that route.

HomeGuru

New Hampshire - My husband and I right now are living with his mother and sister. We have been looking for a place of our own since we "tied the knot" back in 2006. My husband made a phone call to a person who owns a condex and it sounds really good for the price, however, with a condex...I have been hearing that a condex is like a timeshare. Can someone please help us out and let us know what the difference is!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: a condex is a condo where one resides after a divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">