• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When a seller refuses to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmartinez

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

The state is New York.

I have a written agreement with a seller to purchase his co-op. I have completed all the paperwork and today the bank gave me their approval and closing date. When I contacted the seller to inform him, he says that his lawyer has been advising him not to sell for the last few months (which was news to me), so he has decided that he does not want to sell me the co-op anymore. I have completed all the paperwork, paid all the fees and I have been living in the co-op for the last two years paying the mortgage (as rent). Now he refuses to go through with the closing and wants to break the contract. I have done all of my part. What recourse do I have? My lawyer has not been much help as I found out that he seems to be friends with the seller's lawyer (is this a conflict of interest?). Please help!!!

jnazareno

kmartinez said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

The state is New York.

I have a written agreement with a seller to purchase his co-op. I have completed all the paperwork and today the bank gave me their approval and closing date. When I contacted the seller to inform him, he says that his lawyer has been advising him not to sell for the last few months (which was news to me), so he has decided that he does not want to sell me the co-op anymore. I have completed all the paperwork, paid all the fees and I have been living in the co-op for the last two years paying the mortgage (as rent). Now he refuses to go through with the closing and wants to break the contract. I have done all of my part. What recourse do I have? My lawyer has not been much help as I found out that he seems to be friends with the seller's lawyer (is this a conflict of interest?). Please help!!!

Hire a new lawyer/attorney if I was you..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">