• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong documents provided before clowing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markhag1968

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

In 2010 my wife and I bought a lot in a condo project in with the intent of eventually building a house. Before the purchase I was emailed a copy of the association bylaws and master deed. We are now selling the property to a builder. However, the builder found that the recorded master deed has larger size requirements for building than the document we received before closing. The document I was sent states that houses must be at least 1800 square feet, however, the recorded document the builder has states that a two story home must be at least 2500 square feet. We bought the property for 16,000 and have an agreement to sell it for 14,500 to the builder. This may affect our deal with the builder. Do I have a case against the selling agent because I was not provided with the proper documents?gan

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

In 2010 my wife and I bought a lot in a condo project in with the intent of eventually building a house. Before the purchase I was emailed a copy of the association bylaws and master deed. We are now selling the property to a builder. However, the builder found that the recorded master deed has larger size requirements for building than the document we received before closing. The document I was sent states that houses must be at least 1800 square feet, however, the recorded document the builder has states that a two story home must be at least 2500 square feet. We bought the property for 16,000 and have an agreement to sell it for 14,500 to the builder. This may affect our deal with the builder. Do I have a case against the selling agent because I was not provided with the proper documents?gan
**A: maybe, but the responsibility would be on you to have read the master deed or have legal counsel review all docs. In doing so, this information would have been known long before closing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">