• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice needed ASAP please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

epiphanyparadox

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

the state went through and redid the street in front of my home as part of a re-vamping of the state roads in the town I live in.

When they did they raised the street two feet higher then it use to be.

Now that the spring rains have started my house is flooding under it (crawl space is only 8 inches or so) and my yard is flooding as well.

I have contacted the person in charge of taking complaints over this mess, my response from this person is "well it's flash flooding and nothing we can do about that but we'll look into it".

I called a second time after a couple weeks and not having heard anything and I got to hear "we are looking into it, that's the best I can tell you and when I know more I'll get back with you".

It's been over a month now and still nothing and to top that off... I now have sink holes popping up in my yard :(
and the rain is still coming down:(

I know I have serious concerns to worry about here, rotting flooring, mold, shifting and now the soil erosion.

What can I do to get this taken care of by them after all they are the ones who created this mess?

Here is a little extra info that I'm not sure will make a differance....

I been in the house for almost 8 yrs now with no problems till now.

I was able to buy the house through a FHA loan for first time home buyers (Rural Development Loan).

I am the only one living in the home therefor the only income.
My income is at the higher end of poverty level for the county. (So like most, I live paycheck to paycheck).

I have 2 mortgages on the house, one through RD and another with higher interest through a bank.

I have talked to neighbors and they are in the mind set ya can't sue the state so just deal with it, so getting back up would be out of the question.

I was smart enough to take pictures of the work being done as it would change and of the flooding of my yard as well as that of some of the neighbors yards (what I could get from the sidewalks), if that will help.

Please Help!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">