• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arbitration question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tophre

When arbitration is mandated in a purchase agreement and one party will not respond to the request, my understanding is that I need to file a motion to compel. Is this something that I can do on my own or do I have to retain a lawyer?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tophre said:
When arbitration is mandated in a purchase agreement and one party will not respond to the request, my understanding is that I need to file a motion to compel. Is this something that I can do on my own or do I have to retain a lawyer?

My response:

It's called a Petition to Compel Contractual Arbitration and Order Thereon, and it's filed in the Superior Court. Ask for attorney's fees and costs to be awarded to you pursuant to the contract.

See an attorney.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">