• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

architectural practice act illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bob Robertson

illinois
does the architectural practice act (225 ilcs 305) prevent the architect from hiring a project manager that can present the specifications and construction documents to governmental regulatory agencies and make minor alterations to the documents with written authorization? are there any other illinois statutes that may bear? can anybody give me a case citation???? please help

HomeGuru

Bob Robertson said:
illinois
does the architectural practice act (225 ilcs 305) prevent the architect from hiring a project manager that can present the specifications and construction documents to governmental regulatory agencies and make minor alterations to the documents with written authorization? are there any other illinois statutes that may bear? can anybody give me a case citation???? please help
**A: please state the exact problem.

B

Bob Robertson

Architecture

my architect drew plans for me and i applied for a permit however the building department tells me i now need to pay for my architect to come down to city hall and change one door to a "b-label" door. it could cost me almost $500 dollars to have him come down and wait in line, but the building deparment tells me "only the architect can change the drawings." and that, "it is state law!!!" (with no further explanation.) my architect has already told me that i can go ahead and change the door to a b-label but the department will only allow him to do it, right in front of them. this seems completely illogical and stupid. has 225 ilcs 305 really been interpreted this way????

HomeGuru

Re: Architecture

Bob Robertson said:
my architect drew plans for me and i applied for a permit however the building department tells me i now need to pay for my architect to come down to city hall and change one door to a "b-label" door. it could cost me almost $500 dollars to have him come down and wait in line, but the building deparment tells me "only the architect can change the drawings." and that, "it is state law!!!" (with no further explanation.) my architect has already told me that i can go ahead and change the door to a b-label but the department will only allow him to do it, right in front of them. this seems completely illogical and stupid. has 225 ilcs 305 really been interpreted this way????
**A: I agree with you and also confirm the intent of the pertinent state law.
See if a letter or a copy of the section of the plan with the change and the architects' initial or signature and stamp will suffice for the building department.
You are not a licensed architect, and purusant to the law, you are not authorized to change the plans drawn and stamped by a licensed architect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">