• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad rehab

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badrehab

Hello all.

Im in illinois.

I had a rehabber that in my mind acted unprofessionally and with poor workmanship.

I asked them to fix some of the issues but they refused.

I fired them halfway through a big project and they have put a lien on my house.

I have lots of photos and evidence that display poor work. We are going to arbitration soon.

This rehab was through a bank so it was very official with scope of work and contracts.

I will be presenting my case that the work was below professional standards and I have a few contractors who will be my witness to confirm this. I will be asking that they not get paid on the items I feel need to be started over from the beginning.

Their side has a lawyer but I am not sure if I can get one due to money issues.

I guess my question is what will a lawyer do for me besides present the same evidence that I will be presenting?

Of course I would like to have a lawyer but finances are not on my side.

Will the arbitrator react differently towards me if I one or if I don't have one?

All hypotheticals, I know. I am looking for opinions.

thanks for your time.

HomeGuru

Hello all.

Im in illinois.

I had a rehabber that in my mind acted unprofessionally and with poor workmanship.

I asked them to fix some of the issues but they refused.

I fired them halfway through a big project and they have put a lien on my house.

I have lots of photos and evidence that display poor work. We are going to arbitration soon.

This rehab was through a bank so it was very official with scope of work and contracts.

I will be presenting my case that the work was below professional standards and I have a few contractors who will be my witness to confirm this. I will be asking that they not get paid on the items I feel need to be started over from the beginning.

Their side has a lawyer but I am not sure if I can get one due to money issues.

I guess my question is what will a lawyer do for me besides present the same evidence that I will be presenting?

Of course I would like to have a lawyer but finances are not on my side.

Will the arbitrator react differently towards me if I one or if I don't have one?

All hypotheticals, I know. I am looking for opinions.

thanks for your time.

**A: come up with the money and hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">