• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broken gas line

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

onaipt8785

What is the name of your state? NY

I was digging fence post holes in my side yard and ruptured a natural gas line. I did not have my property flagged for underground utilities. After the utility company was finished fixing the broken gas line, the team leader told me that I would be billed for the expenses. I called a service provided by NY state to check for underground utilities on my property and when the survey was completed the line that I broke wasn't even flagged. The line that was broken does not provide service to my home, but does to my neighbor. It is located 3 feet onto my property. There is no easemant for this line in the abstract of my house either. Can I get out of paying this bill? Can I sue the service provider? Can I make the service proider move the gas line?

Thank You for your responses.

HomeGuru

onaipt8785 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I was digging fence post holes in my side yard and ruptured a natural gas line. I did not have my property flagged for underground utilities. After the utility company was finished fixing the broken gas line, the team leader told me that I would be billed for the expenses. I called a service provided by NY state to check for underground utilities on my property and when the survey was completed the line that I broke wasn't even flagged. The line that was broken does not provide service to my home, but does to my neighbor. It is located 3 feet onto my property. There is no easemant for this line in the abstract of my house either. Can I get out of paying this bill?

**A: check with your insurance agent
Can I sue the service provider?

**A: yes, but you will wasting your time.
Can I make the service proider move the gas line?

**A: possibly, but more than likely no.

Thank You for your responses.
**A: you are welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">