• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Builder never processed order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sgiesige

What is the name of your state?ohio

In June 2004 we went to a manufacturer's authorized local builder to purchase a system-built home. We picked out a model with all options at which time the dealer informed us that a rebate of $10,000 was being offered but it was going to expire at the end of June, but if we gave him a deposit of $1000 it would lock us into the rebate.To make a long story short it is now Dec 2, 2004 we still do not have a home. From then until last week it was a game of un-returned phone calls, the dealer never at the office, or when we did get a hold of him we were told we had nothing to worry about the problem was the mfg. was backed up due to too much volume. I also phoned and emailed the mfg. from late Aug to Nov and got ZERO response as well. Now last week my wife gets a call from a mfg. rep. & he told us he was looking into what was going on. Now today we are being told by the mfg rep that the rebate program expired a long time ago but he can't say exactly when.Also we may not be able to get our deposit back.Any help as to where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

sgiesige said:
What is the name of your state?ohio

In June 2004 we went to a manufacturer's authorized local builder to purchase a system-built home. We picked out a model with all options at which time the dealer informed us that a rebate of $10,000 was being offered but it was going to expire at the end of June, but if we gave him a deposit of $1000 it would lock us into the rebate.To make a long story short it is now Dec 2, 2004 we still do not have a home. From then until last week it was a game of un-returned phone calls, the dealer never at the office, or when we did get a hold of him we were told we had nothing to worry about the problem was the mfg. was backed up due to too much volume. I also phoned and emailed the mfg. from late Aug to Nov and got ZERO response as well. Now last week my wife gets a call from a mfg. rep. & he told us he was looking into what was going on. Now today we are being told by the mfg rep that the rebate program expired a long time ago but he can't say exactly when.Also we may not be able to get our deposit back.Any help as to where to start would be greatly appreciated.
**A: contact your state consumer protection office, HUD, FTC and BBB.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">