• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Building Permit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pfarch

If a person knowingly falsifies the building permit information (giving a much lower figure than the builder's estimate for the work to be executed) what are the consequences if caught?

HomeGuru

pfarch said:
If a person knowingly falsifies the building permit information (giving a much lower figure than the builder's estimate for the work to be executed) what are the consequences if caught?
My response: Hmmmmmm let's see now, there are 50 States, with hundreds of cities and counties which have Building Departments operating as AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction), in my neck of the woods the penalties range from a higher of double permit fee and recalculation to revocation of the building permit.

P

pfarch

Re: Re: Building Permit

HomeGuru said:

My response: Hmmmmmm let's see now, there are 50 States, with hundreds of cities and counties which have Building Departments operating as AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction), in my neck of the woods the penalties range from a higher of double permit fee and recalculation to revocation of the building permit.

What if the state in question is Pennsylvania?

HomeGuru

Re: Re: Re: Building Permit

pfarch said:

What if the state in question is Pennsylvania?
My response: and what if its not?
The building permit is a City or County matter and not State jurisdiction. Call your local Building Dept.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">